Credit transfer students
If you are currently enrolled in a full degree programme in Denmark, you can apply to take single elective courses at the Faculty of Theology as a credit transfer student.
You are eligible to apply as a credit transfer student if you are currently enrolled as:
- a full degree student at one of the other faculties at the University of Copenhagen, or
- a full degree student at another Danish university
The credits for the course must be transferrable to your Danish study programme. To ensure that the applicants are required to provide the University of Copenhagen with a pre-approval from their Danish educational institution.
The Faculty of Theology offers several courses taught in English each semester.
Credit transfer students can apply for any of the courses offered by the faculty on bachelor level as well as the elective courses on master level. Please notice that some of the courses requires a prior knowledge of the field.
You can apply for course as a credit transfer student if you are enrolled in a full degree program in Denmark. The application process has three steps:
1. Identify one or more courses you wish to apply for in the University of Copenhagen – Faculty of Theology course catalogue.
2. Apply for a pre-approval from the Study Board at your Danish university. You are required to provide the University of Copenhagen with a pre-approval from your home university stating that the courses can be transferred to your current degree programme.
3. Apply for the course at Faculty of Theology with the application form.
The deadlines for applications are as follows:
1 June for summer courses and the autumn term.
1 December for the spring term.
It is also an option to apply for any courses that are still available in the after registration period:
15-31 January (spring semester) and 15-31 August (autumn semester).
The pre-approval from your Study Board should be attached to the application or can be sent to the Faculty of Theology after – final deadline for delivering the pre-approval is 31 August (spring semester) and 31 January (autumn semester).
Please, apply to your Study Board for pre-approval of the course as soon as possible – it may take several weeks for the Study Board to process.
Credit transfer students are automatically registered for exams (first attempt).
Attending a course as a credit transfer student is free of charge. Please note that if your enrolment at your Danish home university is subject to tuition, you will still have to pay tuition fees at your home university while studying at the University of Copenhagen - Faculty of Theology.