Are you our new student assistant at CAS?
The Centre of African Studies on the South Campus of the University of Copenhagen is looking for a new student assistant to be a part of our group of staff from 21 October 2019.
The Centre of African Studies (CAS), established in 1984 at Copenhagen University, offers a two-year Masters in African Studies. It is a fully internationalized degree run in English, with students from across the globe. At the same time it is a key hub of research and networking within the Scandinavian, European and global African Studies environment. As a student assistant you will be in charge of the Secretariat.
We expect you to:
- Be fluent in written and oral English and Danish
- Have completed at least two years of your bachelor degree or more and have at least one year left of your studies including masters studies
- Have some administrative and/or organizational experience
- Be able to take on ad hoc tasks and occasionally work under pressure in a busy work environment
- Have skills within verbal and visual communication
- Be able to relate to a diverse range of people in an international environment
- Preferably be interested in the focus of the Centre
You will be:
- Working 7½ hours per week, distributed on two weekdays
- In charge of communications (webpage, newsletters, announcing events etc.)
- Assisting the academic staff in various administrative and communication tasks
If any questions, please contact Director of CAS Amanda Hammar email@example.com
Applications should be sent to Amanda Hammar firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday 7 October 2019. Interviews: Friday 11 October 2019.
The post is limited to one year with the possibility of extension.